Sign in to follow this  
ezquimal

Set Up Bajísticos

De quien es la pedalboard que tiene un Digitech Timebender, un Whammy y muchas cosas mas?

Doug Wimbish

* T.C. Electronics 2290 Digital Delay

* Sans Amp D1 Bass Driver

* Sans Amp GT2

* Sans Amp Vintage

* Danelectro Daddy-O

* Digitech Whammy Pedal

* Dunlop Crybaby

* Boss Bass Synth

* Boss Flanger

* Boss Digital reverb/delay

* Boss DD3 Digital Delay

* Boss FV50 Volume pedal

* Boss TU12 Chrom. tuner

* Voodoo Lab Proctavia

* Voodoo Lab Micro Vibe

* Voodoo Lab Analog Chorus

* Voodoo Lab Pedal Power

* D.O.D. Envelope Filter

* Line 6 Delay

Doug Wimbish

* T.C. Electronics 2290 Digital Delay

* Sans Amp D1 Bass Driver

* Sans Amp GT2

* Sans Amp Vintage

* Danelectro Daddy-O

* Digitech Whammy Pedal

* Dunlop Crybaby

* Boss Bass Synth

* Boss Flanger

* Boss Digital reverb/delay

* Boss DD3 Digital Delay

* Boss FV50 Volume pedal

* Boss TU12 Chrom. tuner

* Voodoo Lab Proctavia

* Voodoo Lab Micro Vibe

* Voodoo Lab Analog Chorus

* Voodoo Lab Pedal Power

* D.O.D. Envelope Filter

* Line 6 Delay

Aca tambien aparece el tc 2290 :twisted: esto de los gear da mucho GAS !!!!!!!!

uno de mis bajistas preferidos en cuanto a manejo de efectos, tono, equipamiento y muy correcto a la hora de tocar (esta en ingles, lo saque de Talkbass

TIM COMMERFORD

Tim's Basses

Tim only plays passive Fender Jazz basses now. On the first Rage album he used a Musicman Stingray with the pickguard removed, as show here...

Stingray.jpg

His main gigging bass in Rage (for standard tunings) was a natural Jazz Bass with the pickguard removed. This bass is most well known for its pickups, which he wound himself, and have been said to be the mystery by his eleusive tone. He smashed this bass at the MTV awards (the same night as the scenery climbing incident, some claim he had a little too much to drink that night!), however, he salvaged the pickups from this bass and they are now used in one of his current touring basses.

tim03.jpg

Tim's current gigging basses change quite often.

On the current tour he is using the following Jazz Basses...

Sunburst.jpg

- Sunburst Finish

- Tuned EADG (standard)

- Black Pickguard

- Maple Neck

This bass currently seems to be one of his main basses.

- Black Finish

- Tuned BEAD

- Dark Tortoiseshell Pickguard

- Rosewood Fingerboard

- Neck from a left handed Precision Bass

DropB.jpg

What makes this bass special is the reversed neck. In a recent interview Tim said he used the reversed headstock to keep the low B string tighter. Tim said in the Bass Player interview that...

'I'm trying out new gear because I want to make the B string as punchy, loud and in-your-face as the E string is in regular tuning.'

Some believe that reversing the headstock will not make any difference as the length of the string behind the nut has no effect on the string tension, however Tim thinks differently. Also, if you look closely you can see this bass does not have standard Jazz Bass pickups, the covers are different.

- White Finish

- Tuned DADG (I think...)

- Dark Tortoiseshell Pickguard

- Maple Neck

WhiteFingerest.jpg

This bass seems to be pretty standard. Hightlighted in this picture however is Tim's customised fingerrest. As you can see it is longer and thinner than a standard Fender fingerrest.

- Natural Finish

- Black Pickguard

- Maple Neck

TimNaturalReal.jpg

A few more modifications to this bass. The rear part of the pickguard has been removed. Why? I'm not sure, but it looks like it has been done on purpose. The pickups, again, are not stock Fender ones, but I'm not sure what they are. The electronics have been modified, looks like there is a switch on the control plate, probably a pickup selector, also there is a different control knob on there. The bridge also looks like it is a Badass II.

These are his main touring basses, he changes them around from time to time and I am sure others will make an appearance at shows, but I just thought I would highlight the main instruments.

I must not forget his Fender Custom Shop double neck Jazz Bass. Desinged to have one bass (the higher neck) tuned EADG and the other (lower neck) BEAD, notice the same reversed headstock idea as the Black Jazz bass.

dn1.JPG

So far we havn't seen this played live.

Here is Tim's Ovation Acoustic Bass that he used on the AOL sessions.

Ovation.jpg

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Tim's Effects

Many took his joking paranoia from the Bass Player article about his gear a little too far, however it is true that Tim is very, very secretive about his effects and amps. Here is the picture from the inner cover of Out of Exile of Tim's pedalboard...

TimsPedalboard.jpg

1. Boss Super Octave

2. Sadowsky Outboard Pre-Amp/D.I.

3. Custom ABY Amp Selector

4. Custom 'Full on' Overdrive

5. Aphex Punch Factory

6. DC Brick

7. Two Dunlop 105Q Bass Wahs

8. Boss DD-3 Delay

9. Custom Overdrive (I assume)

One of the 'Full on' overdrive pedals or the Overdrive pedal is rumoured to be based on a Jimmy Hendrix Distortion Box or a Marshall Guv'nor pedal. He definatly used a Marshal Guv'nor on the first Rage album, it can be heard in Know Your Enemy and Wake Up most prominantly.

Despite this gear set up, in the most recent interview from 'Bass Guitar'magazine the set up looked like this...

TimsPedalboard2.jpg

As you can see, both Boss pedals have gone (this may be because of the fact he is not a endorser of Boss pedals so it is not in his interests to advertise them, probably the same reason the Aphex Punch Factory logos have been taped over) An MXR micro-amp has also appeared and some other Custom pedals.

In short, by the fact that both of these pictures are so different you can see how secretive Tim is. It is possible that both of these pictures have effects that he does not use and just have them on here as diversions.

Here is another pic from the recent AOL sessions -

TimsPedalboard3.jpg

As far as rack gear goes...

TimsRack.jpg

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Tims Amps

Here are some quotes from the Bass Player interview...

'I've moved it up to three amps: clean, overdrive, and an amp in between so I can blend it all.'

(About working on his amps) 'If you replace a wire that's leading to the tube with a thicker wire, it makes a huge difference. There are all kinds of materials that are more conductive that what most amps come with. Tubes make a huge difference, too. If you pull out the tubes in there, it's a whole new head.

That's an easy thing that anyone can do. I put these old Telefunken preamp tubes inside one of my heads for midrange and clarity and low mids. They're the best tubes you can get but they're old and hard to find, and they're hit or miss. That's why pickups are so important. My tone comes from my amp and the pickups in my bass. So many people say it's all about the wood. It's ain't about the wood; it's about the pickups, the amp, and how hard you play.

Another part of my sound is the monitors. I went nuts with the monitor heads; I broke them down and resoldered the crossovers. If the **** ain't right, I will wield the soldering gun; I will break that thing out and start messing around.'

TimsAmps.jpg

So it is clear that Tim has modified all of his amps loads but as you can see in the 'Bass Guitar' magazine pic above, Tim's amp system is... 'One Ampeg SVT ZPRO feeding a full-range clean signal into an Ampeg 8x10. The other two Ampeg SVT-ZPRO heads feed two incrementally greater levels of dirty tone to Ampeg 4x10 cabs. The full-range rig runs all the time and Commerford switches in the distortion rigs for an even bigger sound.'

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Straps, parts etc.

Tim uses a really thick strap to spread out the weight of the bass as he suffered a biking injury to his shoulder, exactly where the bass sits.

From the Bass player interview -

'Levy's Leather made me these six- to eight-inch wide straps that rest on my whole shoulder instead of just on the clavicle, where most straps sit. I play a super heavy bass too; I tried a light bass but I truly believe that a heavier bass has a slightly thicker tone.'

SHTL12.jpg

He also uses hipshot D-tuners. For those who don't know. D-tuners allow the E string of a Bass to tune down to a D tuning at the flick of a switch, and back again when flicked back

HipshotDTuner.jpg

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Signal Flow

timmycnew02.jpg

sgrocker_timmyc02.jpg

This is a guitar geek diagram of Tim's current signal flow. It seems to be pretty accurate. I don't believe that the Jimmy Hendrix Overdrive is still in use, I would probably put Tim's custom overdrive here instead. Other than that, I would say these is pretty damn close.

Un capo Tim! ahora pregunta de un ignorante: por que 2 wah juntos?? Cual es la diferencia?

porque es 1 para cada canal, el usa un loop divisor tipo el de nativo para elegir que amp y que cadenas de pedales usa, en cada cadena esta 1 wah, y los tiene pegados para no confundirse y pisar el q no anda :mrgreen:

Un capo Tim! ahora pregunta de un ignorante: por que 2 wah juntos?? Cual es la diferencia?

porque es 1 para cada canal, el usa un loop divisor tipo el de nativo para elegir que amp y que cadenas de pedales usa, en cada cadena esta 1 wah, y los tiene pegados para no confundirse y pisar el q no anda :mrgreen:

Ah! que buen artilugio! Gracias por la explicación..

DIEGO ARNEDO

Bueno aca va una recopilacion que hice entre recitales, comentarios, buscar info y todo. ya estaba en otros foros pero lo pego masomenos aca. Si hay algun error corrijanme. Es incompleta pero con suerte entre todos la vamos completando

Bajos:

-Fender Jazz Bass > Con mango de Precision 59 pero el Jbass es del 63

-Fender Precision > hay uno que usaba en Sumo y ahora tambien tiene otro que usa como segundo bajo en vivo. No parece un modelo clasico

pero no se mas de el. Es el rojo el que hablo para los que lo vieron. Se que tiene uno muy viejo que le vendio Rinaldo Rafanelli. El de Sumo hoy en dia esta hecho fretless

-Gibson Thunderbird > otro que usa como segundo instrumento, se que es de los mas nuevos que usa

-Bajo acustico > es uno que tiene una forma rara que

uso en vivo aca y sale xxx en el video de pepe lui. Segun el lo

encontro en una casa de antiguedades y despues de restaurarlo con un

luthier (no se cual) lo convirtio en ese bajo de 3 cuerdas.

Amplis:

-Ampeg SVT > lo he visto con los modelos originales del frente plateado/celeste y CL. Siempre tiene mas de uno. Todos los amplis estan en serie aunque no tengo idea de como funciona eso o que quiere decir

-Cajas Ampeg de 8x10 > de estas debe estar enamorado porque nunca lo vi con otras

-Marshall ??? no se cual es

Otros instrumentos:

-Se lo ha visto con guitarras acusticas un par de veces y

electricas muy pocas veces, seguramente de Mollo todas ellas, y ha

aparecido con bombos legueros. Tambien es comun que pele una mandolina

-El JB hibrido dicen que se lo hizo el dulce de Ricardito Mollo

-Segun Sabbadius el condor tiene un filtro envolvente suyo, en brillo triste de un canchero usa uno pero no se si sera o no... la verdad no creo

-Parece que usaba un chorus en estudio, segun me dijeron podria ser un Electro Harmonix viejacho

quiero agregar que algun q otro recital, Arnedo lo vi usando Aguilar, la potencia esta o algo asi:

IMG_0836.jpg

y xxx en la intro de Sabado de "Vivo Aca" usa un octavador, me parece que el de Sabbadius

Les dejo un par

Paul Turner de Jamiroquai: Aguilar DB 750 , algo que parece cumplir la funcion de un avalon y una caja Aguilar GS 412

paul_turner.jpg

Doug Wimbish: Trace Elliot 2 x 4x10 - 2 x 1x15 - 2 x AH1200-12

21.jpg

11.jpg

James Lomenzo de Megadeth

jlrig.jpg

Marcus Miller. Mucho EBS , pre SWR Marcus Miller signature, etc.

IMG_1703.jpg

MCA de Beastie Boys : Ampeg B-15 con caja de acrilico + Ampeg SVT y caja Ampeg 4x10 2x18 de acrílico.

beastieboys-ampeg-clear-rig.jpg

beastie_IMG_1370.jpg

redrocks.jpg

Nate Mendel de Foo Fighters: 2 Cabezales Ashdown ABM 900 + 2 cajas Ashdown Classic 8x10 + Line 6 BassPod XT Pro

foo-nate.jpg